PCMSD College for women, Jalandhar a premier institution of Northern India epitomizes a perennial “Quest for Excellence”.Our objective at PCMSD College has been to achieve academic excellence for the students and professional growth for faculty as well. Committed to the cause of women empowerment – the prelude to the power, progress and wealth of the nation – it has emerged as “the great seat of learning”.
Founded in 1973, this seat of higher learning has been accredited with grade A by National Assessment and Accreditation Council, UGC, Govt. of India. The institute is fully alive to the new changes that are emerging in the realm of education and has widened its horizons to encompass both the “marketing and technological forces”.
The institution envisions the pursuit of the academic advancement and excellence in the field of Higher Education. Embodying a macro vision on a micro base, the institute envisions to build a class of intellectually, morally and globally competent skilled human resource well-equipped to face the challenges of the dynamic environment. The college motto ‘Do Your Job Well’ helps us to excel and transform our learning and knowledge into skills in the service of women empowerment and humanity.
OUR MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
- To foster quest for excellence by quality and value-based education.
- To create competitive academic environment by continuous enrichment of teaching and learning, through the medium of research and technological advancements.
- To ensure holistic development of students’ personality by providing equal learning and growth opportunities.
- To inculcate moral, social and ethical value-system.
- To instill spiritual and secular spirit, by developing faith and respect for all religions.
- To create informed and global citizens endowed with love and respect for society and nation.
- To inculcate respect for humanity at large.
- To sensitize and educate young learners about concern for environment.
The college offers a variety of courses at graduate and post graduate level in pure arts, natural sciences, commerce and fashion designing. The high-end technology and the logic of the market-oriented education have been welcomed and the students are trained in these “new trends” as latest courses are being taught. Web designing, Computer-aided Accountancy, TV and Video production and Interior Decoration are the latest introductions.